How to Break Up with a Scorpio
Breaking up with the most obsessive and possessive character in the zodiac takes some moxie.
If handled improperly, you’re setting yourself up for the sting of death, which can take the form of a long-planned retribution that wounds your life when you’re not looking. After all, “revenge is a dish best served cold,” according to writer Eugene Sue, a man with Pluto, Scorpio’s ruling planet, in his 7th house of relationships.
So, how do you properly break up with a Scorpio?
Here’s some strategies
The “Don’ts” of Breaking Up with a Scorpio
1. Don’t just go away or be aloof.
This will ignite a chase mechanism in the mind of Scorpio. They like things that are hard to get. If they think you’re not interested, they likely will see it as a stimulating challenge and pursue you even harder.
2. Don’t cheat.
Don’t think that cheating on a Scorpio man and letting him find out is a strategic way to break up. And certainly don’t do that with a Scorpio woman unless you want to get knifed.
Scorpios like to collect their lovers for posterity. If the break up is good, Scorpio can shift you into the precious, lifelong friend category. No, it’s not that they want to be your friend, exactly — it’s that you know too many secrets to allow you to be out of reach. Keeping you close is a protection strategy.
Also, it could lead to a friend with benefits type of deal on a night when they want to flex their charisma. A Scorpio in love can forgive almost anything EXCEPT CHEATING.
3. Don’t give them their stuff back. Who made up that ritual of packing an ex’s stuff in a box and dropping it off? Please, keep the old T-shirt, the CD, the favorite movie and the leather whips. Scorpios aren’t attached to material things but they put a lot of soul energy into the gifts they pick out and give to loved ones. You cannot return soul energy. You just can’t. It’s a Universal law. If you do, prepare to be cursed, by both the Universe and by a Scorpio with a voodoo doll.
4. Don’t do it publicly and certainly don’t use Facebook, text or email. I know people are lazy these days, but breaking up requires panache. If you ever cared for the Scorpio, break up in a dignified and personal manner. (Did I say personal? Yeah. Electronic exchanges are sterile, not personal.).
The “Do’s” of Breaking Up with a Scorpio
1. Be honest. Scorpios don’t want love as a charity. They loathe being with someone who doesn’t appreciate their charms and brilliance. So, if you’ve fallen out of love, just say it.
Acknowledge that your past love was real ( that’s important), but the relationship seems to have reached an end-of-phase point.
Scorpios understand that life is made of cycles. Something must die for another thing to live. This is the intrinsic lesson of Pluto, a planet that destroys then resurrects.
So, simply suggest you feel the chemistry has faded (or the volatility is just too exhausting). Don’t use the “it’s not you, it’s me,” line which always seems pandering and fake.
2. Detail all the reasons, it’s not working — from their perspective. PowerPoints are good. Scorpios like details and analysis. Break out the flow charts, if Scorpio is obsessed with trying to salvage the romance.
3. Drive Scorpio Away and Make the Scorpio Man or Scorpio Woman Break up with You by:
- Being Needy. Need help with everything. Scorpios hate that.
- Showing blatant incompetence. Scorpios like efficient people who can take care of business.
- Being insecure, petty and jealous. Scorpio sun people are full of ego and substance; they like mates who are the same.
4. Show emotion and have one last good time (Yes, I’m talking about Good-bye sex). Enshrine the moment. Make it Special. And promise to be friends forever and protect them if they ever need it.
5. If you really aren’t that smitten with Scorpio and you sense the Scorpio man or Scorpio woman is coasting in the relationship until they find their next love interest — then forget all these strategies. GO OUT IN A BLAZE. Verbally fight — spectacularly.
Let it all hang out. Go for the jugular (if you can take it when Scorpio throws the same energy back at you. ) Scorpio will be fuming, but they will respect one last drama … the drama of the relationship imploding.
At the very least, implosion is honest. A harsh break-up will invigorate Scorpio and may even feel cathartic.
(But make sure you get out of sight before the friction leads to make-up s-e-x. Or else, you’ll be right back where you started!)
© 2011 – 2013, Synthia L. Rose. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Synthia L. Rose (see all)
- 8 Ways to Observe the Plutonian Day of Halloween with Your Scorpio - January 1, 1970
- Inside the Psyche of the Scorpio Man - January 1, 1970
- Witnessing You: The Scorpio Brand of Intimacy - January 1, 1970