Scorpio and Aquarius Love: Irreverence and Lightning!
If Scorpio is a storm, Aquarius is the lightning. These two have natural chemistry, but ultimately clashing natures that will produce too much adverse weather for either to stick around. The flash of lightning metaphor refers not just to the sparks between these two, but ultimately to the swiftness of their demise.
With suns square one another in the Zodiac, Scorpio and Aquarius have natural tension which easily escalates to sexual attraction. Beyond chemistry, these two meld well together because both are incessant thinkers who will captivate the other with endless conversation.
Don’t let Aquarius’ benevolent and humanitarian approach to life fool you. Like Scorpio, Aquarius is irreverent, cynical and shocking. In fact, Aquarius lives to be shocking and ardently appreciates that Scorpio can be even more so!
Scorpio is attracted to Aquarius’ ability to emit charisma without emotion; they like probing and seeing where the emotional edges of the Aquarius man or Aquarius woman lie. Aquarius on the other hand is fascinated that the Scorpio woman or Scorpio man can feel so deeply, even if Aqua doesn’t understand how to fully navigate the emotional realm.
Most of all, these two fixed signs respect the other’s strong, punctuated presence. Neither are push-overs or lemmings. Both pride themselves on having originality. For Scorpio, originality flows from being a hardcore individualist; for Aquarius, originality stems from being alien, bizarre and uncommon.
Aquarius’ magnetic focus and full attention makes Scorpio feel loved, cherished and, for a time, even worshiped. Able to convey a childish innocence, Aquarius pulls Scorpio away from dark fascinations with the underbelly of humankind and reaffirms for Scorpio how much nobility and goodness exists in the world.
While Scorpio is typically a loner and not ultra-social, Aquarius pulls Scorpio into the heart of society, introducing Scorpio to new, exciting adventures.
When Scorpio is melancholy, Aquarius’ goofiness and exuberance will provide a cheer-up.
The excitement soon hits the skids in the Aquarius and Scorpio love match. There are more than dozen reasons why the popular Aquarius and Scorpio love compatibility won’t work — but here are the top ten:
1. Scorpio will notice that Aquarius’ constant show of amazement– which once made Scorpio feel special — is not a pointed reaction to the Scorpio fabulousness. It’s simply a rote way of reacting to the world. Aquarius shows equal fascination and amazement toward stray dogs, rusty nails, and re-runs of “The Twilight Zone.”
Aquarius doesn’t like to discriminate and prefers to love everything equally. Reflective and analytical Scorpio despises this as a cop-out and feels love and hate must be dealt out in differing, but just, degrees.
2. Speaking of analytical… Aquarius won’t like Scorpio’s need to constantly probe and analyze everything down to the tiniest detail. For Aquarius people, details are not that interesting or necessary; they will find this Scorpio trait exhausting. Aquas are content to see the forest and move on, while Scorpios like to linger and take in the trees.
3. Aquarius puts a high value on friendship, while Scorpio elevates the love relationship as the greatest bond. Aquarius may treat Scorpio as a friend, even if in love. And since Aquarius shows a loving nature to all friends, Scorpio will never be quite sure of the relationship’s definition and will become frustrated with the nebulous state of “Are we … or aren’t we?”
4. Aquarius people do not like conflict, but conflict is as natural and sustaining to Scorpio as breathing. You might even say conflict is stimulating to Scorpio. When clashes arise, Aquarius will vanish without warning and with no indication to time of return.
5. Even if life with the Scorpio is grand, Aquarius will still vanish because at heart this sign is a wanderer and a sampler. Aquarius believes the experiences of life are too diverse to stay in one play for long. Since Scorpio people do their own vanishing act to appease their loner natures, these two signs may spend more time apart than together.
6. Aquarius will seem too cold and emotionless for Scorpio who needs someone who can handle being inundated with their high-octane feelings and show some right back. The problem here is Aquarius is more certain about how to deliver jokes than sentiment.
7. Scorpio will feel overshadowed by Aquarius’ multitude of friends, as Scorpio needs intense attention in order to avoid becoming jealous. Aquarius does give intense focus, but only sporadically in surprise intervals.
8. Individualistic Scorpio will tire of Aquarius needing so many groups and having so many interests outside the relationship. Ultimately, Aquarius wants to be loved by the whole world, while Scorpio just wants to be loved by Aqua. Aquarius may notice this and think it incredibly selfish.
9. Aquarius is a sign of freedom while Scorpio is the sign of possession. Scorpio will never be able to harness Aquarius and Aquarius will feel suffocated and angry by attempts to try.
10. Lastly, Aquarius people don’t want to be changed and hate being anyone’s pet project. Scorpio is the great transformer, however, and lives to push people into their next phase of metamorphosis. Aquarius will misinterpret these intentions and fight them off.
Getting there may be more sexy and enthralling than the reality. In a Scorpio and Aquarius romance, the mind and the subconscious are stimulated. This is a very cerebral attraction and love affair that doesn’t always translate physically.
When it does, there are sparks. Scorpio likes Aquarius’ daring bedroom nature that includes a willingness to try anything — even the weird stuff. While this may satisfy Scorpio physically, sex is more than physical to Scorpio, who will eventually suffer from the Aquarius inability to make an honest & deep emotional journey during coitus.
Because Scorpio is a hunter who needs to always land the conquest, Aquarius’ elusiveness and aloof nature will render them the ultimate Scorpio prey. Even when the relationship makes Scorpio’s heart ache the stinger might not want to give up the chase. Scorpios absolutely love a challenge.
Aquarius people, who love attention, will appreciate the efforts and might cruelly lead Scorpio on while appearing innocent. Eventually, both will feel unsatisfied in the relationship.
With so many differences and with both having a fixed nature, compromise will not come easy. This is a case where love might eventually turn to hate. Aquarius people don’t often harbor hate, but Scorpios sure do.
Have sex and break up before anyone gets hurt. This is definitely not the best Scorpio love match — in fact, it’s one of the worst! But you won’t listen will you, Scorpios? You love flirting with self-destruction…so have fun, but don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Check Out these Scorpio & Aquarius lovers:
Three lasted; the others crashed and burned.
Ashton LOVES Scorpios. Before Demi, there was the beautiful, vivacious and now deceased Brittany Murphy, whom Ashton dated after starring in a film with the starlet. Why is Ashton so attracted to Scorpios? Could it be the fact that his Venus, Sun, and Ascendent are ALL trine Pluto (Scorpio’s ruling planet?).
Rebecca Romijn & Jerry O’Connell
Scorpio Rebecca Romijn cannot get enough of the fixed signs. After a first marriage to Leo John Stamos, Rebecca exchanged vows with Aquarius Jerry O’Connell.
Scorpio Julia married Aquarius Danny Moder in 2002. They have three children together, including a set of twins.
Matthew McConaughey & Camila Alves
Scorpio Matthew settled down with Aquarius model Camila, with whom he has three children.
Scorpio Owen Wilson dated Aquarius singer Sheryl Crow back in 2000. Here they are at a Vanity Fair party.
Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher
Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston
While they never made it an official relationship, dashing & sexy Scorpio Gerard Butler went on a few dates with Aquarius Jennifer Aniston after they made a film together. In an interview with Us Magazine, Butler said “We have a natural chemistry…You can see it… We have a great time together.”
Sally Fields & Burt Reynolds
This is a classic throwback Scorpio-Aquarius couple. Not only did girl-next door Scorpio Sally Fields bed charismatic Aqua Burt Reynolds for years but they made several films together — like this one, “Smokey & The Bandit.”
I’ve had three strong friendships with Aquarius men, two of which successfully shifted to short-lived romances. All these men were charismatic and hard to tie down, but all were equally intense about bonding with me.
All, even the friendship, evaporated and emotionally I was never satisfied. All three proved unreliable and willing to say anything in order to control and persuade people (Aquarius people will do anything to get their way).
The Aquarius charm and tendency to show constant fascination were most gripping. With all three, I felt I was in a very eclectic and one-of-a-kind bond. You’d think such bonds would last forever, eh? Although they were brief the chemistry was very strong. I wanted them to stay forever and was saddened to lose great, great friendships, which were way more fulfilling than the romance.
Two of the Aquarius made contact a few times after the bonds faded, the third one did not…although we ran into each other once and felt like complete strangers! We both turned on the cold. I declined to respond to the contact of the other two because ultimately their actions in the “friendship” made me feel cheap and cheated. I refuse to keep embracing hollow attention.
© 2011 – 2013, Synthia L. Rose. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Synthia L. Rose (see all)
- 10 Ways to Use Rituals to Bring Your Scorpio Closer - January 1, 1970
- The Scorpio Sun Sign Personality : Seer, Desirer, Consumer - January 1, 1970
- 8 Ways to Observe the Plutonian Day of Halloween with Your Scorpio - January 1, 1970